Thursday, September 9, 2010

Betrayed #3

Pages 153-291
This part of the book is kind of sad and creepy at the same time. It is sad because Zoey's BFF dies and her almost ex-boyfriend goes missing. I think Zoey is becoming like Aphrodite because she has been having these dreams that are like visions. `And another weird thing about Zoey is that she can see dead people. The people are not human they are vampyres that have rejected the change. Zoey thinks that the people who are going missing have been taken by these ghost things. I agree with Zoey's missing people opinion.

Things have not been going right at The House of Night. Zoey and Aphrodite have been talking a lot more and they have been nicer to each other. I think that Zoey and Aphrodite will become friends but not BFF'S! Now Zoey has been trusting Aphrodite with her visions. Aphrodite has been warning Zoey to stay from the highest priest Neferet. At first Zoey thought that Aphrodite was jealous of Zoey because she became the leader of the dark daughters. Farther into the book Zoey sees Neferet(and one of the dead vampyres) giving blood to him from her body. Then when Stevie Ray dies Nefert gives her a drink. Zoey doesn't know what to do with the drink. Aphrodite tells her not to drink it and Zoey does what she is told. Later that day, Aphrodite states that the drink made the person loose their memory.

Heath (almost ex-boyfriend) gets taken away by the ghost things. I think that Zoey is a great friend to Heath. She goes and finds where he is and saves him with her friends help. If someone did that for me I would have a place for them in my heart.

I know that Eric does not like the fact that Zoey is going to find Heath and save them. In my last blog I said that Zoey likes three guys! They are Loren, Heath, and Eric. Zoey has a problem here. She is dating Eric, flirted with Loren A LOT (he is a teacher but he is like 20 years old), and she has imprinted Heath. If I were in that position I would stop flirting with Loren and never do it again. I would have a long conversation with Heath and tell him that we would never be able to get married because I would still be young and he will still be older. I would date Eric because he is a great person, good role model, # 1 top student in the class and he has a little nerdiness inside of him that LOVES Star Wars.

I can feel Zoey's pain in this book. Her BFF (Stevie Ray) has just died and a part of her heart has been broken. Stevie Ray is a person who always puts herself second! She treats Zoey like she is her sister and her parents are Zoeys parents. The only reason that Stevie Ray says that her parents are Zoeys parents is because her mom and step dad HATE vampyres. When Stevie Ray dies it happens right after the Full Moon Ritual. When she was dying, Stevie Ray asked Zoey if she would never leave her side. If my BFF died and asked me to do that I would stick to that promise.

I think this week I did a good job at reading. I read before bed and when ever I had free time! I am almost done with this book so I know that my next book will not be a vampire book. If I could change something in the way I read it would be writing down more stuff for my blog. This week I didn't do that a lot and I had to think about what I read. I can't wait to finish this book and see what happens to Zoey and her friends :)

2 comments: